2 tbsps. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
8 chicken thighs
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
1 cup Rhodes Tomato puree
1 Can Rhodes Pineapple Pieces in light syrup
2 Tbsps. curry powder
½ cup Rhodes Smooth Apricot Jam
1 Can coconut milk
Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
½ cup Peanut butter
Salt and Pepper
1. Over a medium heat, melt the butter and oil in a large pot.
2. Add the onion and fry until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the garlic, ginger and the Rhodes tomato puree.
4. Add the chicken thighs to the pot and continue frying on both sides until the chicken has a good colour.
5. Add the Rhodes pineapple pieces, apricot jam and coconut milk.
6. Cover the pot and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
7. Stir in the chopped coriander and the peanut butter, which will thicken the sauce.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Serve with fragrant Basmati rice.