Monday, January 13, 2014
FRENCH SILK BROWNIE PIE
• 1 batch of your favourite brownie mix
• 6 tablespoons butter, softened
• ½ cup sugar
• 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
• ½ cup eggs (for me that was about 1½ eggs)
• whipped cream
• chocolate shavings
1. Prepare the brownie batter. Pour the batter into tart pans, making just a thin layer (about 1 inch) of batter. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how gooey you want the crust. When completely cool, if they puffed up a little bit you can press them down with your hands to make more room for the filling.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the melted and cooled chocolate. The mixture will look kind of grainy – that’s ok.
3. With your mixer on low, incorporate the eggs. As soon as they’re just incorporated, start gradually turning your mixer to a faster setting, scraping the sides as you go. Beating it faster will fluff the whole thing up and it will become a wonderful, fluffy chocolate mousse.
4. Pour the mousse over the brownies and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.