• 250g (8.82 ounces) portobellini mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 400g (14.11 ounces) gypsy ham
• 250ml (8.45 fluid ounces) cream
• handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
• salt & pepper to serve
• juice of 1 lemon
• 500g (17.64 ounces) fettucini, cooked
1. To make the sauce, fry the mushrooms in a large pan for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ham and fry for another minute.
3. Pour the cream and allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
4. When the pasta is cooked, add the parsley to the sauce. Season to taste and add the lemon juice.
5. When draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
6. Toss the pasta in the sauce and add some of the reserved pasta water if the sauce looks too thick.
7. Serve immediately.