Sunday, November 18, 2012
Persimmon Almond Cake
1 pound very ripe persimmons
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (or Sucanat, read about natural sweeteners)
2 1/3 cups ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 375F.
1. Slice the persimmons in half and scoop out the flesh, place in a food processor and briefly pulse, then add remaining ingredients and pulse to a pulp.
2. Oil an 8-inch springform pan and pour mixture in. It is a very, very wet batter.
3. After 40 minutes, cover with foil to prevent top from burning. Cake is done after about an hour total, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Once cool, remove from pan. It can be served immediately, but improves after one day.
5. Serve with creme fraiche, whipped cream or Greek yogurt if you like.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-best-holiday-cake.html#ixzz2CdwjCBYE