Monday, January 13, 2014
1 roll puff pastry, defrosted
250ml Gruyère cheese, finely grated
pinch cayenne pepper
milk, for brushing the pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin.
3. Sprinkle the cheese over half the puff pastry and add a pinch of cayenne pepper. Fold the other half of the pastry over the top and roll over again with the rolling pin.
4. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 1,5cm wide and 15cm long strips. Twist these and lay them on the baking sheet. Brush with a little milk and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. These are delicious on their own or served with soup.
This recipe serves 6 - 8.