- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, green top only, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of the water over medium heat. Add the onion and cook
- until tender, about 3 minutes. Don't let the onion dry out.
- Add the remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce
- heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don't boil.
- Ladle into warmed individual bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops.