- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until soft then add the mushrooms and fry for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble the salad use a glass bowl so that you can see all the colourful layers.
- Start with the shredded lettuce on the base of the glass bowl then follow with bean sprouts, celery, red and yellow peppers, peas and corn.
- Top with the sautéed onion and mushrooms including any of the juices in the pan.
- In a jug mix together the KNORR Brown Onion Soup, cottage cheese and KNORR Creamy 1000 Island Salad Dressing until smooth.
- Spread this dressing over the top of the salad, top with grated cheddar cheese and sprinkle with chives.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Layered Summer Salad Recipe
A bright and crunchy salad packed with flavour that will definitely impress your guests!
15 millilitre sunflower oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Head iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 Punnets assorted bean sprouts
1 Sleeve celery, chopped
2 Red peppers, finely diced
2 Yellow peppers, finely diced
200 gram Frozen peas, defrosted
200 gram Frozen corn, defrosted
45 millilitre KNORR Brown Onion Soup
1 Tub smooth cottage cheese
45 millilitre KNORR 1000 Island Creamy Salad Dressing
250 millilitre cheddar cheese, grated
Freshly chopped chives for garnish
Serves: 6 - 8 | Preparation Time: 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes