For especially luxurious chicken, carefully add a splash of brandy to the mushroom pan once they’ve cooked
Prep Time: 20 min
150g portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
few fresh sage leaves, roughly torn
4 skinless chicken breasts
150g full-fat cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
1 tsp wholegrain mustard salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 to 8 slices Parma ham
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Melt butter in a large frying pan over high heat and cook mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until tender and any liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Add the sage and fry for a few seconds more. Set pan aside to cool.
3. As if they were rolls, keeping one side attached, slice chicken breasts in half horizontally. Open out like books and put between two sheets of greaseproof paper or cling wrap. Bash with a rolling pin to even out.
4. Stir cream cheese, mustard and seasoning into the mushroom pan. Split the mixture between the breasts, then close them up again.
5. Wrap one or two pieces of Parma ham around each breast to secure the stuffing, and put the breasts on a baking tray.
6. Cook breasts in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until piping hot through the middle.
7. Serve with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
EACH SERVING (using four slices of ham) 1 800kJ, 27g fat (15g saturated), 0,2g carbohydrate (0,1g total sugars).