This is an easy crock pot meal for a chilly evening.
- 1 15 ounce can pureed pumpkin (or 2 cups cooked pumpkin)
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 chili in adobo sauce, minced with seeds removed (for more heat, leave in all or part of the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups veggie broth
- sliced Haas avocado, optional
1. Toss everything except for the avocado into a crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours.
2. Serve topped with avocado and a little more diced onion. This is great on its own or over your favorite cooked grain.