Unlike at most coffee shops, this one has actual pumpkin in it, instead of artificial flavor syrups!
Don’t have an espresso machine? Don’t fret! This recipe, adapted from Short, Silly Vegan, doesn’t use any special equipment.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- About 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- 1/2 cup of strong, hot coffee
- maple syrup, to taste (optional)
1. Combine the pumpkin, vegan milk, and spices in a small saucepan and heat on medium. Don’t bring this to a boil - as soon as you see bubbles, remove the pan from the heat.
2. Transfer the pumpkin mixture to your blender and blend on high for a couple of minutes to froth everything up.
3. Pour the pumpkin mixture over your cup of coffee, and add maple syrup to sweeten.