Talk about comfort food! This makes a lot of food. If you want to cut things down, use a butternut squash in place of the pumpkin.
- 1 pumpkin, peeled and cubed with seeds removed
- 12 large scallions, diced
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Toss the veggies with the 1/4 cup olive oil in a large baking dish. Roast for one hour, until the squash is soft, tossing every 20 minutes to make sure everything cooks evenly.
3. While the veggies cook, whisk together the 1/3 cup olive oil with the vinegar, sage, salt, and pepper. When the veggies are ready, toss them with the dressing. You can serve this up hot or cold.