This recipe is adapted from Michelle Schoffro Cook’s delicious version of the Thanksgiving classic.
- 3 cups white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup of icy cold water
- pinch of salt
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (or 2 cups homemade)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/2 block of firm organic tofu
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To make the crust, knead together the floud, olive oil, water, and salt until it’s well-combined and pulling away from the sides of your bowl just a bit. Roll it out on a floured cutting board, then press it gently into your pie pan, using a fork or knife to pierce a few small holes in the bottom of the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, while you get the filling made.
3. To make your filling, combine the remaining ingredients in your blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
4. When the crust is ready, pour your filling into the crust, throw it back in the preheated oven, and bake for an hour. Let the pie cool before serving.