Thursday, August 22, 2013
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
These luscious chee...secake bars have a strawberry jam-like filling alongside a lemony cheesecake, all topped with some fresh whip cream and berries, you have an AMAZING dessert bar sure to be a hit at your next bbq picnic get together!!!
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp lemon zest, divided
3/4 cup cold butter, cut into tablespoon sized pieces
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup strawberry preserves
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, 1 tsp lemon zest and butter. Cut together with a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. It will be dry, don't worry.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until edges start to golden.
6. Meanwhile, in bowl of stand mixer beat together cream cheese, remaining zest and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, stirring until combined. Stir in lemon juice.
7. When crust is golden, remove from oven and spread strawberry preserves evenly on top. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of preserves.
8. Continue baking for 25 minutes until cheesecake is set in the middle.
9. Allow to cool on wire rack for 20 minutes and then chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
10. Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Notes - Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living