Monday, August 6, 2012
Apple Brown Betty
Having a crowd over for dinner but don't have time to bake? Throw this Apple Brown Betty into the crock-pot and have dessert piping hot just as your guests finish their meals.
Cooking Time: 2 hr 30 min
• 4 cup small bread cubes (1/2 inch thick)
• 1/2 cup butter/margarine, melted
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
• 4 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
1. Mix bread cubes with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar.
2. Arrange in alternate layers with apples in crock-pot.
3. Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until apples are tender.
4. Serve warm with cream, hard sauce or ice cream.