Monday, August 6, 2012
Need some new quick easy crock-pot recipes for dessert? Why not give this simple cheesecake recipe a try. Friends and family will love this recipe for plain cheesecake. It's an easy to make cheesecake that avoids the oven.
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoon sugar
• 3 tablespoon butter, melted
• 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
• 16 ounce cream cheese
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon corn-starch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 large apple, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and butter; pat into a 7-inch spring form pan.
2. Beat granulated white sugar and brown sugar into cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, whipping cream, corn-starch, and vanilla. Beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed of a hand-held electric mixer.
3. Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
4. Combine apple slices with remaining sugar, cinnamon and nuts; place topping evenly over the top of cheesecake.
5. Place the cheesecake on a rack (or "ring" of aluminium foil to keep it off the bottom of the pot) in the crock-pot. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
6. Let stand in the covered pot (after turning it off) for about 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to handle. Cool thoroughly before removing pan sides. Chill before serving.