Monday, August 6, 2012
Use quick easy crock-pot recipes to learn how to make candied walnuts. This recipe for glazed Walnuts are one of the best crock-pot recipes around. Easy recipes for a slow cooker do not get more flavourful than this recipe.
• 1 pound walnut pieces
• 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, stir the walnuts and butter until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
2. Cover and slow-cook on high for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slow-cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze, about 2 hours. Transfer the nuts to a serving bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves. Sift the spices over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Cool the nuts completely before serving.